»

Monday, June 1, 2009

Camp-tastic

Well camping was fun, to say the least! We headed down to Buttermilk Falls on Saturday, hiked there for the better part of the day. ZOMG my knee was killing me by time we headed back to camp. I ended up staying up super late drinking beers with some of the guys. I'm way more a of a 'guys girl' than a 'girls girl'. I laugh like a tard when people make comments about not liking to bake with silicone but loving to play with it. Sunday we went to Taughannock Falls . They're the highest falls in the Northeast. It was a warm and sunny day so I sat on the lower falls, in a dry spot and put my feet into one of the smaller runoffs. I really want to go back with the boy and spend the day there just walking in the water and relaxing. We saw a few HUGE Lake Trout swimming in the creek up to the first set of falls. Some good fishing is to be had there. Makes me wish we had our licenses and rods. There will be pictures later in the week, seeing as I was a tard and left the camera at the boys place.

Tomorrow I get the joy of riding the bus with my little brother to his college to start his summer research project. He's never ridden the bus so my dad asked me to ride with him. Please note that I myself have never ridden the bus. I'm not sure what he was thinking. This trip will be full of fail. I've got my laptop in my backpack along with some embroidery projects I've been working on. The iPod is fully charged and I've got cash to caffeinate myself with. Hopefully I won't be there all day, but somehow get the feeling I will be lol We're heading up there at 9 am (ride from dad) and coming back who knows when. Since my dad works nights and there's no clue what my work schedule is, he's taking public transportation. I can't wait to see how this turns out :P

Oh! Super awesomeness. I entered a bunch of the Sew, Mama, Sew Giveaways, and actually WON one of them!!! I can't wait to get my "Tiny Village" cross stitch kit (and other assorted goodies!!) from things to make and do. *Ding Ding Ding I'm a wiener*

0 comments: